Find or Sell any Parts for Your Vehicle in USA

T5 Od 0.63:1 Chevy Borg Warner 5th Gear Overdrive Set 2.95 First V8 Or 0.86 V6 on 2040-parts.com

US $59.99
Norristown, Pennsylvania, US

Norristown, Pennsylvania, US
Returns Accepted:Returns Accepted Item must be returned within:60 Days Refund will be given as:Money back or exchange (buyer's choice) Return policy details:NO refund for transmission damaged by buyer installing wrong. MY COST TO SHIP THIS ITEM IS NOT REFUNDABLE. Return shipping will be paid by:Buyer Restocking Fee:No Manufacturer Part Number:51T 21T Interchange Part Number:1984 1985 1986 1987 Other Part Number:L98 TPI Camaro Iroc Firebird Formula 1982 1983 Warranty:Yes Country of Manufacture:United States Part Brand:BORG WARNER

I have more T5s parts on my other auctions.

1982-1987 GM T5 Non World Class 5th gear set. Made by Borg Warner. 

Fits GM T5s only, because the gear splines have to match the output shaft splines. The driven gear has 27 splines. Drive gear has 51 teeth and the driven gear has 25 teeth.

I pulled it out of a stock 1986 V8 Camaro. 

It was 0.63:1 in a V8 Camaro, but your final drive ratio will depend on what your gear reduction is between the input shaft and countershaft. T5s uses several different "head set" ratios. A Camaro V6 T5 uses a 21 tooth input gear and 37 teeth on the countershaft driven gear.  37/21 x 25/51 = 0.86:1

It will produce 0.63:1 overdrive with the 2.95:1 first gear set (Camaro V8). The stock V8 T5 OD set would be 0.63 or 0.73 depending on the tag number. The "2.95 first" input set uses a 24 tooth input gear and 31 teeth on the countershaft driven gear. 31/24 x 25/51 = 0.63:1

Selecting the correct part for application and intended use is the responsibility of buyer.

This is the version with the "short" mainshaft 5th gear which fits the later GM Non World Class T5s. Will fit older T5s if your mainshaft has the snap ring groove for it (see pictures for snap ring groove required). 

If you broke your overdrive gears you may need to upgrade to an aftermarket countershaft plate. The stock one is stamped steel and will flex under load, causing the overdrive gears to move apart from each other. The aftermarket one is solid steel and pretty inexpensive.

Will not fit world class.

SHIPS WITHIN 1 BUSINESS DAY (M-F) OF PAYMENT IN MOST CASES.

UPS is responsible for transit times. Once item is shipped I have no control over how long it takes to reach you. Transit time depends on distance to be travelled among other things like shipping to a remote area. UPS business days are Monday-Friday.   

The tracking number will be sent from UPS so please look for it before inquiring about it (spam folder, deleted folder,  etc.). Also check your email settings because yours may be set to automatically delete what it considers "spam". I will also place the Tracking Number on file with ebay which you will be able to view from your "My Ebay" page. My cost to ship this item is not refundable. I leave feedback after I receive it.

Top Gear gets a new Stig – Tiff Needell

Tue, 21 Dec 2010

Tiff Needell becomes the Stig No, we haven’t got our stories in a twist. We know that former White Stig Ben Collins has been given some airtime as himself on Fifth Gear. Not that he’s fared brilliantly against Fifth Gear’s pair of seasoned and experienced drivers – Messrs Needell and Plato.

Tesla Model S fire – are petrol or electric cars safer?

Mon, 07 Oct 2013

Tesla Tesla Model S fire – are petrol or electric cars safer? Last week, a Tesla Model S all-electric luxury car like that pictured above caught fire. Lithium-ion batteries – similar to those powering the Tesla – have developed something of a reputation for spontaneous combustion in recent years, including notable incidents involving not only mobile phones and laptop computers but also the Boeing Dreamliner ‘super jumbo’ passenger aircraft.

Toyota adds i-Road to urban mobility trials

Tue, 01 Oct 2013

TOYOTA has added its futuristic i-Road concept to its “Ha:mo” urban transport trials. It is the latest vehicle to be added to the rapidly expanding scheme, which is being held at the so-called Toyota City; Toyota’s huge presence in Japan’s Aichi Prefecture. The Ha:mo (Harmonious Mobility network) trials are an attempt to develop a sophisticated, integrated transport system for cities, making use of electric vehicles wherever possible but with the key emphasis on encouraging travellers to use the ‘most appropriate’ means of transport at all times.